Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Great White Hunter

On the last day of deer season, on his 39th birthday, in 70 degree weather, Bruce shot a spike buck at the farm. This is the best picture I got of him and the deer as he was alone in the woods. He had some pretty good self portraits. (yeah, right) This deer had been field dressed so I wasn't getting in the back of the truck to take the picture! The deer has been hanging in a friends cooler and will be processed Saturday. We don't really like the roasts and hams. We do like the tenderloin fried and then grind the rest for ground venison. Which we use pretty much like ground beef in all sorts of recipes. Don't worry...if I make a meal for you I don't use the venison. Not that you could tell. Bruce is really good at cutting it up correctly so you don't get that gamey taste. There is an antlerless season for a couple weeks in December that Bruce could hunt but I think one deer will be plenty. Now we go back to cutting firewood and clearing the lane. My little lumberjacks always have a good time doing that! Posted by Picasa

No comments: