Saturday, November 04, 2006

Iron Maiden

I like to iron. I can't believe it because I have always been proud of the fact that I never iron. This summer Bruce wanted a light weight dress shirt that goes with a tie. Those babies need ironed! You can get away with not ironing the heavy Oxfords if you take them right out of the dryer and put clothes pins on the collar to keep it straight, but not these guaze type shirts. After ironing that shirt from the dryer I had such a feeling of satisfaction and pride! It was like a high. Seeing the waded, wrinkle shirt turn into this crisp, straight, attractive shirt that could come right off the run way. Now I am kind of addicted to that feeling and looking for more ironing! And Bruce is always so thankful, shocked and impressed that I ironed! Yes, I have decided I like ironing. Next time your depressed, look for something in your closet to iron. It's really quite rewarding! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You obviously haven't done enough of it yet! *g*

I'm glad you've found satisfaction in the job well done, however!

Teri said...

So when are you coming to my house? EVERY shirt Greg wears must be ironed. I won't burst your bubble, though. I love that feeling of actually getting to sit down after pressing about 20 shirts... :-)

Anonymous said...

I am with the other ladies, what are you talking about?? Ironing is the pits! I found it good for days when I am cold and I need to get warmed up. I either vacuum(which I have always found great reward in) or ironing works in desperate times. I have only 4-5 shirts a week to iron on average, but I tend to procrastinate it as long as possible.

ETC.Z Schimpf said...

ARE YOU NUTS?????????!!!!!!!!??????

You put us to shame. Pulling clothes out of the dryer right at they are done and pinning the colar. And ironing. Yea they only look good until they get tucked in.

Our closets are so small even if I did iron the shirts a head of time. I would still have to iron them again.

So about once or twice a week I am up ironing a shirt for Terrel to wear to work. That is after we have been through the shirts he can wear that don't neec to be ironed.

hillenblogshappywife said...

I used to laundry on Monday, iron on tuesday. I would rent a movie, one that was scary or a chick flick that I knew Mark wouldn't like and iron away. I don't do that anymore. I miss it sometimes.