Thursday, November 30, 2006

Maybe you just don't need that job...

Today it is cold, wet and icy in the Ozarks! I just read a news report that said schools and businesses were closing early if they opened at all. Here in Willard, Murfins, Casey's and Sonic are closed. I didn't hear if the schools closed or if they are having early dismissal because we had no electric!

This is what I found most interesting in reading this article..."Individual office holders and department heads will determine which of their staff members are nonessential..." Nonessential?? If you are told to go home because you are nonessential can you just decide not to show up any day of the week? I mean why wait for a snow day to not work? Don't feel bad, you really aren't that essential to this job!

Believe me, if I was still in the work force right now, I would want to be the nonessential employee! I loved snow days when I was a kid! Except my parents would never believe me that I heard on the radio that school was cancelled. We still had to get dressed and drag ourselves to the bus stop and after the bus was 15 minutes late we could go home and prove that school really was called off! Poor Jake, here he sits at the dining room table doing his school work! Don't feel too sorry for him though. When we were having 70 degree weather the week before Thanksgiving we took a snow day then! :)

1 comment:

ETC.Z Schimpf said...

We too took a "fall fever day" too. And a snow day :D.

But we are only 4 hours away from the magic Home School number of 1,000.

Elli