Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Great Story and Movie!

We just finished reading "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" Monday. We had bought the movie but I told the kids we wouldn't watch it until we finished the book. That way we could tell how they made the movie different from the book. Also, I wanted them to know whatever they decided in their head of what things looked like from the description from the book was correct no matter what the movie looked like. (That is just the director's idea of what the stuff looked like when he read the book!) They loved it! It was so cool hearing what they thought Mr. Tumnus house looked like and the witch. Being the prefectionist Jake is, he would tell me in detail how which parts of the movie were not correct or out of order. I tried to use this opportunity to instill in him of how great reading is! I think this made some progress! Now we are already into Chapter 2 of "The Horse and His Boy". Posted by Picasa

No comments: