Saturday, July 08, 2006

Nine pounds 3/4 ounces

Went to the doctor for a weight check Monday and found out that Marissa is now 9 pounds 3/4 ounce. That's nearly a two pound gain in one month! I was concerned because she isn't getting as many bottles as a 2 month old (her adjusted age) should be getting. She only takes about 5 four ounce bottles a day instead of the 6 to 8 that is recommended. Some days she only gets 4 bottles. This happens because of what time she gets up in the morning. I am a firm believer in letting a sleeping baby sleep, but because of the weight that Marissa needs to catch up on I still wake her during the day time every 3 to 4 hours. During the day she pretty much wakes up herself actually. But once we hit the 7 p.m. feeding it's lights out for her! She could easily go to bed at 8:30 p.m. and sleep until 8:30 a.m. I wake her up every night at 10 or 11 for that last bottle but she just doesn't take more than an ounce and a half. I'm glad I took her for the weight check because I looked back at the records I keep for the other kids and they had a lot more feedings. Sometimes I feel like a brand new mom taking care of my first baby! I guess I am a brand new mom taking care of Marissa Kay. I never had her before!

No comments: