Thursday, June 22, 2006

Update-Marissa's eyes

Tuesday we had an appointment with the pediatric ophthalmologist for Marissa and we got the good news we were waiting for…her retinas are now complete! We don’t have to see that doctor for a year!! Everything is going so well for Marissa. Thank you so much for all the prayers that have gone up on her behalf this year! She is now 8 pounds 9 ounces (as of Saturday). That’s a seven pound gain since birth! She is such a blessing in our lives. She is sleeping through the night most nights, which is such a gift to an old mom like me! She hardly ever cries. She is more of a grunter. When stirring around trying to wake up in the morning or from naps, she never works her way into a cry...just seems to grunt around! I know I break all the rules putting her to bed on her tummy but she is just so darn comfy! When you check on her she's got her legs completely tucked under her tummy and that bumper is high up in the air! Adorable! She's getting a little a bald head. Either they baby hair is rubbing off or else her head is growing so much that it has thinned out the hair. I'm not sure but it looks like the new hair coming in may be curly??? She really does remind me of Jake when he was a baby. She needs her fingernails cut. I have only clipped them one time. I hate that job! Anyone want to come over and clip her nails for me???

No comments: