Wednesday, December 13, 2006

You know you are getting old when...

1. Just because you were a Roller Skating Queen in 7th and 8th grade, that doesn't make you a R.S.Q. at 39!! Last Friday I took the kids roller skating for the very first time. I thought I should strap on some skates to be able to help them. Whoa! What happened? Could 25 years (and a lot more pounds) make that much difference? I hope I haven't done permanent damage to myself!

(By the way, the kids LOVED it! Molly fell down the most but never hung to the wall. She just kept getting up and trying again. She even limboed and speed skated! Nothing was keepin her off the floor! Ike thought he was an old pro. He was skating around with his hands in his pockets! I am so proud of Jake! He was scared to death as soon as he stood up on the skates! He clung to wall so he didn't fall that much but after a lot of encouragment he would slowly move out from the wall. He even tried the limbo. They all want to go back again.)

2. When you can't read the instructions on the back of the medicine box. I recently wanted to give Marissa some baby tylenol so I turned to box over to see the dosage. Oh man! I could not make out those tiny, tiny words! I strained and struggled getting my arms in the right position to see! Then I have noticed it since trying to read the boys label on their underpants to who's is who's...I can't see the size! I'm finding more and more stuff everyday I can't see! How can this be???

3. Your birthday was yesterday and it didn't even matter that you had a meeting to go to!

Thanks for all the birthday greetings, cards and surprises! Life is good!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I must have ADD or something. I do proof read what I type before I publish but I guess my mind reads what I wanted it to say! I always find words in the wrong order or the wrong word used! Like, "I turned over THE box"...not 'to box'!

I hope it's not too annoying to try to read my stuff!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Cindy! By the way, are you fourmom?

Cindy said...

Yip, that's me! My blog address is fourmom.blogspot.com.

The comment that some coward left on your blog really irritated me! Some people really need to get a life!