Saturday, December 30, 2006

Did you get an Influenza A shot?

We didn't and boy did we get it! Molly started getting sick the Friday before Christmas. She ended up with a wicked cough. The day after Christmas I took her to the doctor. On Christmas morning Ike had three more presents left to open when he announces he is going back to bed! We tried to talk him into staying and finish opening and he just said, "No thank you" and headed to bed. He's four mind you. By Wednesday Jake was miserable and Marissa had 104.3 temp. With all the coughing aimed right in my face it was no surprise by Thursday I was down for the count. Bruce drug us all to the doctor on Friday but by Friday night it was lights out for him as well.

According to the Nurse Practitioner, had we all been good little boys and girls and gotten the flu shot we would not be in such shape. Well, if you know me, you know all these shots are NOT my thing so I guess its egg on my face! Oh well, we WILL survive the flu in 5 to 7 days. Would we survive the cancer we get from getting all these “necessary” shots??? I know, I know…but that’s me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

None of us have the flu... we all have colds. Molly also has Bronchitis and Marissa has an ear infection. The nurse-practicioner was just trying to use this situation to scare us and promote the flu shot. I got a flu shot one year and after a week of the most miserable flu, I said I wouldn't get another one. At least not for a very long time!

hillenblogshappywife said...

Hope you all are feeling better. We have all gone thru this cold but not the flu thing here as well. I was down for a week, Mark for about 3 days, sky for about 2 weeks, she still went to school and work tho, and Barrett about 3-4 days. It makes you feel like you have been hit by a truck.

hillenblogshappywife said...

I meant "cold but not the flu"...a cold that feels like the flu.