Tuesday, March 13, 2007

So, what's the deal with Peanut Butter?

I love shopping at Sam's. At first, when I wasn't a member, I used to say "Why would I pay to shop at someone's store? Now, that my mom and dad bought a membership and put me on it, I'm addicted! I bet I go at least once a week. Who can resist all the food samples, the 5 pounds of tub butter, the box of 60 tacquitos, 6 pound package of frozen hashbrowns and the 3 pound tub of cottage cheese?? It's so awesome!!

Went to Wal-Mart yesterday to buy regular sized groceries when it became a reality to me that we are never going to get to have peanut butter again, are we? At first, they just cleared the shelves of Peter Pan Peanut Butter and Great Value. Now, there is NO PB except 3 jars of "natural" or "organic". I should have bought the huge jar at Sam's!! Any other mothers of young ones out there holding their family together with Peanut Butter?? It is a staple at our house. Somehow, I'm not going to be able to slip in Tuna Salad as a subsititute!!

Anybody watching "The Amazing Race-All Stars"? Can you believe Amber and Rob got eliminated?? Wow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, it's a funny thing, but I accidently bought like four jars of Jiff peanut butter, long before I knew about all of this. So now that I found out that Molly is allergic and Meghan shouldn't be eating that much sugar, I am completely stocked up!

LauraD said...

Harter House has Best Choice peanut butter. We just got 100 jars of it for POWERPACKS. It's right across the street from Sam's, so maybe you could try that!

Anonymous said...

Fortunately for us I have been buying the "natural" peanut butter for some time. At first it was hard to change, but now we are used to it. Everytime I go get peanut butter and there is NONE except what I buy I think,"Hmm, sure glad I made the switch." Becca says Jiff is better because it is sweeter. She is known to have p&j's whenever she is at her friends house so she can have the Jiff.