Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Don't you want me, baby??

My kids were walking around the house singing "Don't you want me, baby? Don't you want me, oh...oh..." Now if you are a child of the 80's you totally recognize that as a song by Human League. I ask them "What are you singing?"

"Oh, it's just our new favorite song. Ya know, the one with the cookies?" their reply.

Hummmm, I don't remember cookies in the music video?? I don't remember my kids watching 80's music videos??? They explain further..."It's the commerical for the chocolate chip cookies. The cookies are riding in the car and one by one they get eaten. Except for the driver, he is the last one and starts singing really slow...don't you... want...me...baby?" This produces fits of laughter at just the thought of the commerical!

I finally saw the commerical myself the other day. Pretty cute. But is this what my mom and dad felt like the first time they heard their 50's/60's music in the elevator? OLD??!! I remember riding the elevator to go to the dentist office when I was a kid and my mom started rocking out on the music in the elevator. Totally embarrassing! Of course, I would never embarrass my kids with my singing "the oldies"...

2 comments:

TESchimpf said...

So you blog about it instead. At least the elevator brings normal imagery. I just remember my mom grooving in her rob and PJ's-I don't want to think about "don't you want me baby"

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.