Sunday, March 04, 2007

Kid's say the darnest things!

What to blog about...what to blog about... I haven't had any good idea's in awhile so I will share with you funny things Ike has said recently.

Ike..."When I grow up I want to be the guy who checks on the animals to see if they are about dead." (That would be a vet...)

Early in the morning Ike is always the first one out of bed. That's usually our cuddle time. I told Isaac I wanted to be like him because he was such a funny and kind kid. He told me, "Don't be like me. Be like Jesus."

Ike and Jake both got in trouble and were sent to the bathroom for their punishment. Jake immeditaley starts repenting and is remorseful and I give him mercy. Ike is watching what Jake is doing the whole time and you can tell he is thinking...if this works for Jake, I'm doing what he's doing! Jake was excused from the bathroom and Ike was up. He starts this fake weeping and says "Mom, do you forgive me for being a bad little kid?" What could I do but just lower my head and try for him to not see me laughing. I explained that it was not about being a bad little kid but it was about obeying. I had no choice but to extend mercy to him as well. I hope he got the point at least!

Ike is different. He has this sense of humor that seems way too big for a 4 year old. He cracks me up often! This is not a positive...it makes it really hard to discipline when you are wanting to laugh!! All my kids have these awesome little personalities that are completely God given. They have nothing to do with genetics or inhertience! It is my prayer that they will serve Him all the days of their lives with what GodHe has given them!

No comments: