Thursday, October 12, 2006

Yes, Please!



Marissa had her first spoon feeding today! She had rice cereal with a little formula. Wow! I think she liked it! She grabbed the spoon from me and put it in her mouth and wouldn't give it back! I had Molly bring me another spoon so she could hold that one and I could continue to feed her. That didn't work...she only wanted MY spoon!

I've wanted to feed her for awhile now but I could not for the life of me remember what order you are supposed to feed the baby in. The doctor stressed to me that it was most important that Marissa got all her calories she needs daily. He said it didn't matter if it was food or formula but that food would fill her up and she wouldn't be able to finish all her formula. So, I got some advice from Molly Claire's mom and figured out how to do it. I didn't start with breakfast but at 7 p.m.

Marissa is 8 months old and 2 weeks. (Adjusted age 5 months) Yesterday, we weighed her at the doctor's office and she weighed 13 pounds 9 ounces. We were a little disappointed because we thought she was around 16 pounds. (Bruce would weigh himself then hold the baby. I guess that's not very accurate!) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks great! I know you guys are just pleased as punch at her progress and how far God has brought her.

Meredith said...

Marissa has the most beautiful brown eyes. She's wonderful Cindy! I'm leaving town in about two weeks pretty much until after the new year and I promise that I'll stop by and see you guys before I go. I miss you all and I hope that you're all doing well. Give all the kids a hug for me.